Pages

Wednesday, 5 June 2013

red checks for christmas

 
Hi everyone!
More Christmas cards! I'll have more than I need at this rate!
I'm not feeling the love for making normal cards at the minute-feel like I've lost my moj a bit.
 
I have had the most fab weekend-I was at my graduation at Ely Cathedral!
I managed to get a 2:1 BA (hons) in social science with environment!
We had such a great time and stayed overnight in Newmarket, spending Sunday in Cambridge wandering around! What was also good was that the little one was with grandma and grandad!
 
Anyway onto the card!
I have made this based on the sketch at 52 christmas card throwdown

 
I decided to make it a two piece card (not sure what you call this shape!).
I used some papers I got from a magazine last year as a background.
The circle with the sentiment on along with the silver die cuts snowflakes came from my stash-they have been there for eons!!


I used a X cut punch and punched along some stripey paper, also magazine freebie, and added a strip of Kanban card beside it.
On top I made a panel with silver mirri and on white card I stamped snowflakes and silver 'Noel' sentiment.
 
I ahve finished it off with some sequins courtesy of the pound shop!
hope you're all well and I hope to have an everyday card soon!
 
I am entering this in the following challenges:

7 comments:

  1. Really like your take on the sketch - very inventive! Love the gingham and snowflakes. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week.

    Congratulations on your Graduation - Ely Cathedral is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how you incorporated the sketch from the outside to the inside. Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO cool, Irene! LOVE this totally unique take on our sketch! Your traditional colors are fabulous--love that gingham paper! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous take on our sketch Irene, I love the fun fold! Great colours and accents - a very festive card indeed! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gingham and the snowflakes are very fun and festive! Changing up the fold was a really clever idea. I'm glad you shared your card in this week's challenge at 52{C}CT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I really like your card. The shape is a good change-up and I LOVE gingham! Thanks for playing at 52CCT this week!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the red gingham and all the snowflakes, very festive! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas!

    ReplyDelete